2023 Soccer Registration is now open!
Games are on Saturdays.Register Here
- Tatertots (2019-2020) $45
- U6 (2017-2018) $70
- U8 (2015-2016) $80
- U10(2013-2014) $85
- U12 (2011-2012) $90
- U14 (2009-2010) $95
*Age groups are based on calendar year birthdates (January 1st-December 31st) per
US Youth Soccer guidelines.
Your child’s jersey is included in the cost of registration. Please purchase a pair of black soccer shorts, black soccer socks as well as cleats and shin guards prior to the first scheduled game.
*Tatertot participants do not need to worry about uniform requirements, please just dress in athletic attire
All coaching is done on a volunteer basis. Even if you have not coached before, we invite you to volunteer this season! A coaches’ clinic will be held before the first week of practice and ongoing support and coaching resources will be available throughout the season. Kuna PAL offers one (1) player scholarship for each head coach. Coaches can apply that scholarship to their own registered child or another child on their team.
Please contact us if you are interested in being a coach!
Scholarships are available for those families who need them. They must be approved by the Kuna PAL board and will go toward registration fees. We ask that ALL families who receive a scholarship, must purchase a jersey. To request a scholarship, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions/Comments? Feel free to contact us!
The policy of Kuna Police Activity League (KPAL) is to issue no refunds after the close of late registration. Prior to that day, a refund of the registration fee, minus jersey costs and a 10% administration fee will be issued.
Late registration fees will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Late refund requests will be assessed for programs based on the following subject to the discretion of the Board of Directors and based on the percentage of the season played:
- Injury resulting in lack of ability to participate for the rest of the season (the Board reserves the right to request a note from a doctor on letterhead indicating the participant cannot participate)
- Moving out of area
Late refund requests will not be issued for any of the following situations:
- Team placement (including request not honored)
- Practice time or location (KPAL teams are coached by parent volunteers and for that reason, KPAL allows coaches to set practice time/location around their schedule.)
- Game time or location
- Scheduling conflicts
- Weather cancellations
- Participant changes their mind
KPAL will be unable to move players to another team if the assigned team does not have a coach.
All refunds are subject to approval by the KPAL Board of Directors. All requests must be in writing and shall include a detailed explanation for the request. Approved refunds will take approximately 3-4 weeks for processing.
In the event of a global pandemic or catastrophic event causing the season to end, refunds will be assessed as follows:
- If it is before the season has started and uniforms/jerseys have not been ordered, you will receive a full refund minus any late fees.
- If it is before the season has started and uniforms/jerseys have been ordered, you will receive a refund, minus the uniform/jersey cost and late fees. (You will be given the uniform/jersey at a schedule determined by the commissioner, subject to the ability to obtain the jersey.)
- If the season has started, you will be entitled to up to a 50% refund, depending on the length of the season played prior to shut down.
- The refund must be requested in writing within 14 days of the cancelation of the season. After 14 days, you will automatically be given a site credit for any future KPAL activity.
Our programs run only with the help of volunteers. In order to get the assistance necessary to run the league successfully without over imposing on our members’ time, as well as to remain sensitive to the increasing costs of youth athletics, we are implementing mandatory volunteer program.
Each family is asked to help in the volunteer effort or may opt to pay a volunteer opt-out fee during registration. Families are asked to volunteer in one volunteer position each sport season. The requirement is only ONE volunteer position per family, not per child. (For example, a family with 3 children participating in sports only needs to work one volunteer position.) Families are welcome to volunteer in multiple positions if they would like but it is not required. The volunteer requirement is 5 hours per sports season per family. Families receiving a financial scholarship must volunteer in order to receive the scholarship (no opt-out option is available.)
There are many tasks involved in helping KPAL run smoothly. Some of the activities and tasks we need volunteers for include:
- Coaching (no more than 1 head coach and 2 assistant per team. Head coach will still receive a player scholarship.)
- Garbage detail
- Field sponsor recruitment
- Team formation
- Jersey ordering and distribution
- Referee recruitment
- Team parent/manager
- Equipment organization
- Board or committee positions
- Equipment distribution
- Field set-up/take down
- Vendor coordinator
- Volunteering at a pre-season camp
- Volunteering to run non-athletic events (ie/ paint night)
SELECTING YOUR VOLUNTEER ROLE AND REPORTING HOURS
- The process for selecting a volunteer position normally occurs during the sport registration process. Each sport season, when registering your child/children, you will be asked to make your family’s volunteer selection at that time.
- KPAL will employ a volunteer coordinator. That coordinator will be responsible for tracking all volunteer hours. Hours will need to be reported to the volunteer coordinator.
- KPAL recognizes there may be a situation where the number of volunteers exceeds the total available volunteer hours. In that event, those who were unable to volunteer because of lack of volunteer slots will be given priority selection during the next KPAL season.
To be fair to all our families, if your family does not fulfill your selected volunteer obligation, you will be subject to a $50.00 fee that will be assessed at the end of the season. All children within that family will be unable to register for any future KPAL activities until the fee is paid.
CHOOSING TO OPT-OUT OF VOLUNTEERING
While we encourage everyone to share in the volunteer experience, we understand that not all families are able to volunteer due to other commitments or schedule conflicts. To accommodate this, families may opt out of volunteering by paying a $25.00 Volunteer fee per family. This payment can be made during registration. Prior year fees must be paid before families are able to register their children for the following season.