Kuna PAL is excited to bring the fastest growing sport back to Kuna!
Registration: 2022 Summer Season – Registration Now Open!
Season starts: 6/9/2022
Season ends: TBD
Games: All games will be held on Thrusdays
League open to all children ages 5-14 (No Kuna resident requirement!)
5-17 year olds – $80
8-15 year olds – $90
Sibling Discount $10 for each additional sibling. Promo code: LacrosseSib22. Coaches child plays for free. Volunteer to coach today! Training available!
Financial scholarships available. Email us to inquire. Age as of 6/1/22 (no play ups or play downs). Cost includes jersey and picture.
Our lacrosse program is for children between the ages of 5 and 14. Our program is designed to teach children team sport fundamentals, basic lacrosse skills and sportsmanship. Our teams are coached primarily by high school players, along with college players and/or coaches. We understand skill levels may vary. For that reason, 11-year old parents may select which league to participate in, 8-11 or 11-14 years (New players should play in the 8-11-year-old league). Each team will practice up to 3 hours a week on Monday, Tuesday and/or Wednesday. Games will be on Thursdays.
Have your own team you want to play in our league? Feel free to reach out and we’ll make that happen!
For players 8 and above, a $200 deposit is required for equipment. For players 5-7, a $25 stick rental fee is required. If you write KPAL a check, that check will not be cashed unless the equipment is not returned or the equipment is damaged beyond normal wear and tear. Equipment will be checked out once the deposit is paid. We will return checks during equipment check in.Register Here
The policy of Kuna Police Activity League (KPAL) is to issue no refunds after the close of late registration. Prior to that day, a refund of the registration fee, minus jersey costs and a 10% administration fee will be issued.
Late registration fees will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Late refund requests will be assessed for programs based on the following subject to the discretion of the Board of Directors and based on the percentage of the season played:
- Injury resulting in lack of ability to participate for the rest of the season (the Board reserves the right to request a note from a doctor on letterhead indicating the participant cannot participate)
- Moving out of area
Late refund requests will not be issued for any of the following situations:
- Team placement (including request not honored)
- Practice time or location (KPAL teams are coached by parent volunteers and for that reason, KPAL allows coaches to set practice time/location around their schedule.)
- Game time or location
- Scheduling conflicts
- Weather cancellations
- Participant changes their mind
KPAL will be unable to move players to another team if the assigned team does not have a coach.
All refunds are subject to approval by the KPAL Board of Directors. All requests must be in writing and shall include a detailed explanation for the request. Approved refunds will take approximately 3-4 weeks for processing.
In the event of a global pandemic or catastrophic event causing the season to end, refunds will be assessed as follows:
- If it is before the season has started and uniforms/jerseys have not been ordered, you will receive a full refund minus any late fees.
- If it is before the season has started and uniforms/jerseys have been ordered, you will receive a refund, minus the uniform/jersey cost and late fees. (You will be given the uniform/jersey at a schedule determined by the commissioner, subject to the ability to obtain the jersey.)
- If the season has started, you will be entitled to up to a 50% refund, depending on the length of the season played prior to shut down.
- The refund must be requested in writing within 14 days of the cancelation of the season. After 14 days, you will automatically be given a site credit for any future KPAL activity.
Our programs run only with the help of volunteers. In order to get the assistance necessary to run the league successfully without over imposing on our members’ time, as well as to remain sensitive to the increasing costs of youth athletics, we are implementing mandatory volunteer program.
Each family is asked to help in the volunteer effort or may opt to pay a volunteer opt-out fee during registration. Families are asked to volunteer in one volunteer position each sport season. The requirement is only ONE volunteer position per family, not per child. (For example, a family with 3 children participating in sports only needs to work one volunteer position.) Families are welcome to volunteer in multiple positions if they would like but it is not required. The volunteer requirement is 5 hours per sports season per family. Families receiving a financial scholarship must volunteer in order to receive the scholarship (no opt-out option is available.)
There are many tasks involved in helping KPAL run smoothly. Some of the activities and tasks we need volunteers for include:
- Coaching (no more than 1 head coach and 2 assistant per team. Head coach will still receive a player scholarship.)
- Garbage detail
- Field sponsor recruitment
- Team formation
- Jersey ordering and distribution
- Referee recruitment
- Team parent/manager
- Equipment organization
- Board or committee positions
- Equipment distribution
- Field set-up/take down
- Vendor coordinator
- Volunteering at a pre-season camp
- Volunteering to run non-athletic events (ie/ paint night)
SELECTING YOUR VOLUNTEER ROLE AND REPORTING HOURS
- The process for selecting a volunteer position normally occurs during the sport registration process. Each sport season, when registering your child/children, you will be asked to make your family’s volunteer selection at that time.
- KPAL will employ a volunteer coordinator. That coordinator will be responsible for tracking all volunteer hours. Hours will need to be reported to the volunteer coordinator.
- KPAL recognizes there may be a situation where the number of volunteers exceeds the total available volunteer hours. In that event, those who were unable to volunteer because of lack of volunteer slots will be given priority selection during the next KPAL season.
To be fair to all our families, if your family does not fulfill your selected volunteer obligation, you will be subject to a $50.00 fee that will be assessed at the end of the season. All children within that family will be unable to register for any future KPAL activities until the fee is paid.
CHOOSING TO OPT-OUT OF VOLUNTEERING
While we encourage everyone to share in the volunteer experience, we understand that not all families are able to volunteer due to other commitments or schedule conflicts. To accommodate this, families may opt out of volunteering by paying a $25.00 Volunteer fee per family. This payment can be made during registration. Prior year fees must be paid before families are able to register their children for the following season.