2023 SPRING FLAG FOOTBALL
Registration Ends: 2/5/2023
Late Registration Ends: 2/22/2023
Practice Begins: 3/1/2023
First game: 3/17/2023
No games over Spring Break (3/25, 4/1)
Regular Season Ends: 5/13/2023
(no Pee Wee tournament)
Registration Fees (includes jersey & team photo):
Pee Wee Division $90.00 (5-6 year olds)
Sophomore Division $100.00 (7-9 year olds)
Junior Division $100.00 (10-14 year olds)
*Kuna PAL Flag Football reserves the right to change age groups based on player signups.
Late Registration Fee $15.00 (per child)
Sibling Discount: FB2023
Play-ups and play-downs are not permitted for any reason. The league reserves the right to request a birth certificate of any player. Any player, parent, or coach violating Kuna PAL rules or code of conducts is subject to immediate dismissal from the league.
How to calculate which division your child will be in:
Playing age is determined by the age the child will be as of March 1, 2022. (For example, if a player turns 7 on 2/28/2022, they will be in the Sophomore division. If the same player turns 7 on 3/1/1022, they will be in the Pee Wee division).
Kuna PAL Flag Football allows for a child to request 2 buddies. Buddy requests are not guaranteed. Kuna PAL will not refund if we are unable to place buddies on the same team. Buddy requests for late registration cannot be honored.
Please consider volunteering to coach your child’s team.
-All Coaches, including assistant coaches, must complete the application for background check.
-Head coaches will be given one free registration for their service.
-Coaches, please firstname.lastname@example.org for a coach’s code that will allow you to register without paying the registration fees.
All parents must read and agree to the Code of Conduct.
Please follow our Facebook page for season updates, as well as for announcements regarding the player clinic and coach’s clinic.
The Rules Handbook can be downloaded here.
Coaches and players are responsible for knowing all the rules in the handbook – no exceptions!
Kuna PAL encourages all parents and coaches to to complete HEADS UP online concussion training. Complete the course here.
The policy of Kuna Police Activity League (KPAL) is to issue no refunds after the close of late registration. Prior to that day, a refund of the registration fee, minus jersey costs and a 10% administration fee will be issued.
Late registration fees will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Late refund requests will be assessed for programs based on the following subject to the discretion of the Board of Directors and based on the percentage of the season played:
- Injury resulting in lack of ability to participate for the rest of the season (the Board reserves the right to request a note from a doctor on letterhead indicating the participant cannot participate)
- Moving out of area
Late refund requests will not be issued for any of the following situations:
- Team placement (including request not honored)
- Practice time or location (KPAL teams are coached by parent volunteers and for that reason, KPAL allows coaches to set practice time/location around their schedule.)
- Game time or location
- Scheduling conflicts
- Weather cancellations
- Participant changes their mind
KPAL will be unable to move players to another team if the assigned team does not have a coach.
All refunds are subject to approval by the KPAL Board of Directors. All requests must be in writing and shall include a detailed explanation for the request. Approved refunds will take approximately 3-4 weeks for processing.
In the event of a global pandemic or catastrophic event causing the season to end, refunds will be assessed as follows:
- If it is before the season has started and uniforms/jerseys have not been ordered, you will receive a full refund minus any late fees.
- If it is before the season has started and uniforms/jerseys have been ordered, you will receive a refund, minus the uniform/jersey cost and late fees. (You will be given the uniform/jersey at a schedule determined by the commissioner, subject to the ability to obtain the jersey.)
- If the season has started, you will be entitled to up to a 50% refund, depending on the length of the season played prior to shut down.
- The refund must be requested in writing within 14 days of the cancelation of the season. After 14 days, you will automatically be given a site credit for any future KPAL activity.
Our programs run only with the help of volunteers. In order to get the assistance necessary to run the league successfully without over imposing on our members’ time, as well as to remain sensitive to the increasing costs of youth athletics, we are implementing mandatory volunteer program.
Each family is asked to help in the volunteer effort or may opt to pay a volunteer opt-out fee during registration. Families are asked to volunteer in one volunteer position each sport season. The requirement is only ONE volunteer position per family, not per child. (For example, a family with 3 children participating in sports only needs to work one volunteer position.) Families are welcome to volunteer in multiple positions if they would like but it is not required. The volunteer requirement is 5 hours per sports season per family. Families receiving a financial scholarship must volunteer in order to receive the scholarship (no opt-out option is available.)
There are many tasks involved in helping KPAL run smoothly. Some of the activities and tasks we need volunteers for include:
- Coaching (no more than 1 head coach and 2 assistant per team. Head coach will still receive a player scholarship.)
- Garbage detail
- Field sponsor recruitment
- Team formation
- Jersey ordering and distribution
- Referee recruitment
- Team parent/manager
- Equipment organization
- Board or committee positions
- Equipment distribution
- Field set-up/take down
- Vendor coordinator
- Volunteering at a pre-season camp
- Volunteering to run non-athletic events (ie/ paint night)
SELECTING YOUR VOLUNTEER ROLE AND REPORTING HOURS
- The process for selecting a volunteer position normally occurs during the sport registration process. Each sport season, when registering your child/children, you will be asked to make your family’s volunteer selection at that time.
- KPAL will employ a volunteer coordinator. That coordinator will be responsible for tracking all volunteer hours. Hours will need to be reported to the volunteer coordinator.
- KPAL recognizes there may be a situation where the number of volunteers exceeds the total available volunteer hours. In that event, those who were unable to volunteer because of lack of volunteer slots will be given priority selection during the next KPAL season.
To be fair to all our families, if your family does not fulfill your selected volunteer obligation, you will be subject to a $50.00 fee that will be assessed at the end of the season. All children within that family will be unable to register for any future KPAL activities until the fee is paid.
CHOOSING TO OPT-OUT OF VOLUNTEERING
While we encourage everyone to share in the volunteer experience, we understand that not all families are able to volunteer due to other commitments or schedule conflicts. To accommodate this, families may opt out of volunteering by paying a $25.00 Volunteer fee per family. This payment can be made during registration. Prior year fees must be paid before families are able to register their children for the following season.